Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal & Rock Music Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 10:10 AM   #883 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra View Post
Behexen's 'Fist of the Satanist' is quite amazing possibly my favorite non-"avant garde" black metal album. Unexpect's first album is surprisingly a straght black metal album, and not bad. Ulver I quite like, and basically is the closest thing to Arcturus(Ulver isn't as well crafted, but covers much more ground). Dodheimsgard(albeit only 666 International that much), Leviathan, Gojira (Gojira is ****ing incredible), and Behemoth are also favorites of myself.

Albeit, you can tell I really only indulge in later more experimental black metal ala Blut Aus Nord, or where it crosses over to deathmetal, rather than the 'pure' stuff, but still good stuff.
That's pretty much where I'm at with black metal. I see black metal as sort of a starting point from which to build. I've been on an avant-garde/experimental/post-black metal kick for the past month or so, and I don't see myself getting bored yet.

And I ****ing love Blut Aus Nord. The Work Which Transforms God is one of the greatest things I think I've ever heard.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote