Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #185 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Okay, time for some more instrumentals. Here's another three I really like.

I think to date the only instrumental I have heard from Marillion, this is from their album “Happiness is the road” (one of the first to be reviewed on my journal, as it happens) and a really short but lovely little piano tune called “Liquidity.”

And one of the first instrumentals I remember hearing and being totally impressed with, though the album was largely rubbish! This is ex-Genesis member Steve Hackett, with the title track from his album “Spectral mornings.”

And keeping with the basic progressive rock theme here, let's close with Twelfth Night, from the album “Fact and fiction” (again, reviewed by me previously). This is the only version I could find, and it's live, but doesn't take away from the simple beauty of the song. This is “The poet sniffs a flower.” Watch for it speeding up later on in the song!

There is such a wealth of instrumentals that I know and love, that I will try to feature this section more regularly, but then I'm working on so much that sometimes it's hard to remember to revisit sections I've already done. See below for an example of a new section started only today. But I'll do my best to keep updating this section.