Music Banter - View Single Post - What song comes to mind when I say GTA?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 10:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankycaaant View Post
I don't know if anyone else had the urge to do this whilst playing GTA: San Andreas, but I listened to different stations depending on where I was.

Los Santos - Radio Los Santos; Ice Cube, Compton's Most Wanted, NWA, Kid Frost, Too Short, etc.

Countryside - K Rose; Whitey Shafer, Eddie Rabbit, Statler Brothers, Wille Nelson, etc.

San Fierro - I went for Radio X whilst I was here, just because I wasn't a big house music fan, so neglected SFUR.
Radio X; Helmet, Depeche Mode, Primal Scream, Living Colour, L7, Ozzy Osbourne.

Desert - K-DST; Rod Stewart, America, Heart, Billy Idol, Toto, etc.

Las Venturas - CSR 103.9; Bobby Brown, Boys II Men, Today, En Vougue, Samuel, etc.

Anybody else lol?
Most definitely. Loved doing this, they had radio stations that so perfectly fitted the different areas of the game.

Anyways I definitely enjoyed some of the less known (made specifically for the game, I think) music used in GTA III, especially the rap station.

Vice City's radio captured the setting of the game perfectly.

San Andreas easily had the most varied (and overall best) radio stations.

And GTA IV kinda sucked for the most part (like the game). Except 1979, cause Smashing Pumpkins rule.

Lazlow was hilarious in all the GTA's though

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltoffee View Post
The only GTA game I've played enough to remember the soundtrack is San Andreas. I was obsessed with that game for about 18 months. I LOVED K-Rose... after playing All My Exes Live In Texas, I remember the woman saying something like, "All my exes are six feet under the ground. That's the difference. I've never been divorced... just frequently widowed." I'm looking through the soundtrack now & I don't remember Alice In Chains being played on Radio X. I haven't played the game in about 5 years coz my disc broke but the stand out tracks for me were "Free Bird" & "Today Was A Good Day" ... and the whole of K-Rose. Dayuum I miss that game, I'm gonna buy it when I next have money.
I believe the AIC song was Them Bones, not 100% though
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote