Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 11:06 PM   #4025 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
If you're going to watch Lynch on lucy, I would suggest something beyond strange like Inland Empire or Eraserhead (although they might give you the fear if you're sensitive to that kind of thing).
The thing is, I find that when I'm tripping, even on medium to large doses, if something's just straight-up surreal, it's not going to be as traumatic as something that's more or less normal for a few minutes, then devolves into madness. It's the whole personal investment in the story unfolding - in Eraserhead, I get used to the strangeness quickly, and just have an uncomfortable sense of dread throughout. With something like Twin Peaks, I was following a storyline with characters who would have moments of normalcy, then strange things began happening which made me more suddenly horrified, and thus way more affected by the material.

As far as droogs lately - had some Northern Lights today - pricey stuff. Friend got back from a road trip to see some buddies in Arizona, and they got it from Cali. I wasn't especially stoned, but I was ridiculously high. There was a period of time where I couldn't form sentences properly. That stuff's firemost.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote