Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 10:50 AM   #190 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Hah-har! Time to splice the mainbrace, weigh anchor and set sail once again for those uncharted lands of independent music which are beckonin' to me! In other words, time for another dip into Trollheart's Treasure Chest (and no, that has nothing to do with being stuck beside Katie Price in a lift!) to see what gems we can unearth. As before, all this music comes from self-uploaded tracks and biogs on SoundClick - Free MP3 music download and much, much more., and we're continuing alphabetically (we're still on A)...

A Beautiful Tragedy
There is no information at all on this artiste on their page other than the above picture. I therefore can't say whether this is one guy or a full band. He has a good singing voice though. Some unexpected death vocals in there...

SoundClick artist: a beautiful tragedy - page with MP3 music downloads
Genre Rock/AOR
Nationality American (San Marcos)
Gold: Bending the light in new directions, Shore, We always rewind the best part
Silver: Emily, Call it karma, Take care, Until the day I die, One-armed boxer, Driftwood, Penelope

A Big Guitar
A band from California who aim to have “a big guitar” sound in all their music, hence the name! Their music in fact seems to feature more synth and drum machines, so I'm not really sure where the guitar comes into it... They seem to be mainly a dance/electronica band, which is usually not my cup of rosie, but these guys aren't too bad, and that's high praise from me, considering how little I rate this sort of music personally!

SoundClick artist: A Big Guitar - Ecclectic and instrumental guitar rock combined with genre breaking backing tracks and various other
Nationality American (Californ-eye-ay!)
Genre Dance/ electronic/ ambient/ instrumental
Gold: Actro, Slipstream, Antartica, Serengeti, Time rolls on
Silver: Dynami, Europe, Supersonic, Cascade, Complications

(No image available)
A Blue Duk
I don't know whether that's meant to be a blue duck or a blue duke, and there is so little information on this artiste that I can only tell you that he/she/they is or are from the US, but there's no state filled in.

SoundClick artist: A Blue Duk - page with MP3 music downloads
Nationality American
Genre Rock
Gold: Gone, Under the bridge (RHCP cover), Slow blues, Song A
Silver: Our song 6

So that's another three artistes you probably had never heard of, perhaps never will. I certainly hadn't. But it's often worth taking the time to click on these links, as you can really discover some great music you would otherwise never hear, or even know existed. Plus, maybe in some small way this tiny bit of exposure may help these struggling artistes. Hey, you never know who's reading my journal (of if anyone is)!

Right, we hit a big rock on the way back so I'm off to dry dock to get this ship repaired. See ya all some other time!