Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Radiohead Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 01:39 AM   #3438 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
King of Limbs exceeds In Rainbows soo much it's outrageous.

Yes i finally completed it and it's among my very favorite, right with Amnesiac. I love the super ambient approach they took on. The album definitely doesn't demand attention in the Radiohead kinda way, but it's a new turn for them while still embracing some earlier philosophies, in a way. Plus the album in it's entirety is practically perfect; Little By Little may not be the best, but it's not anything that wasn't done before (like on, say, HTTT, another incredible album). I love the balance of incredibly beautiful and edgily experimental, as well; i'd consider one of the most experimental albums for them since Kid A.

Still not voting, though; i can never decide with d's gaiz.
my biggest gripe with king of limbs is the lack of transitions of dramatic changes. Before KOL you couldnt pick out any radiohead song to me where i didnt like at least a part of the song. They would throw a completely different song in there for like 20 seconds (specifically "suck young blood") or do some crazy dynamic that would totally change the song. KOF is good but it's not at all daring, people say it's expiremental i say it's their most conservative album.

It suffers from being boring,which is never a word i thought i would use to describe radiohead.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote