Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does my guitar tune up be itself?
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 05:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
I can't tell you anything about the science, but I once left an acoustic guitar in its case for so long without touching it that when I went to play it the strings had tightened enough to pull the bridge off. Destroyed it.
The top should have bowed and cracks should have formed in the top long before any part of the bridge came off. The strings are actually anchored on a bridge plate UNDER the top, the piece on top is only partially structural, more for the sake of having a pretty, heardwearing piece of wood rather than spruce, in which to sit the bridge.

Any damage occuring because of those conditions would have to pull its way through the entire thickness of the bridge plate and guitar top in order to seperate the ebony/rosewood bridge plate.

Long story short, something else was very wrong with that guitar for simple neglect to cause something that severe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote