Music Banter - View Single Post - What's the sound in my headphones today?
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 05:58 PM   #202 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Hateful Abandon - Move (2011)

Well it's took over 8 months but I have finally found one of the albums of the year for me personally.

Hateful Abandon are a U.K based 2 piece that I don't know a hell a lot about unfortunately but then when the music is good who cares?

Where do I begin with this album? Let's talk about how it 'feels'. Like approaching armageddon with both glee and fear. Justin K Broadrick meets Jaz Coleman meets Robert Smith meets Hieronymous Bosch meets H.R Giger meets Nick Cave at his most deliciously dark. Intrigued or already fearing the foreboding imagery in your head? hopefully the latter as we move onto the music.

It's a Post Punk album, it's a Industrial album, it's a dark Gothic album, it's a Black Metal album without any of the vocal stylings and razor lightning riffs that so predominate the scene. It is Godflesh without the sampling. It is Joy Division's bastard son. It is astonishing, dark, deep and oppressive.

Not one track sounds like the other yet is cohesive. Both decidedly retro and utterly modern. How just two members can make such a vast aural landscape that encompasses so many genres is astounding. Simply stunning.

Posting a single song doesn't do the album justice as every song has different vocal styles so have two vids:

Hateful Abandon | Todestrieb Records - Independent Record Label and Mailorder for Underground Music

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”

Last edited by jackhammer; 09-01-2011 at 06:07 PM.
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote