Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 04:50 AM   #3726 (permalink)
hoof123
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
What do you think of it? As I`m thinking of getting it. Also is it just a shoot-em-up or is there an adventure game element to it?.
I think it's absolutely fantastic, it's much more than just a shoot-em-up, it's very varied and there is allot of scope for tackling various misisons and objectives in different ways, it's not as open ended as I was led to believe, but nowhere near as restrictive as most games. I've been taking a stealthy approach to most sitations, using silenced hangun and a scoped tranq rifle.
And my brother has taken a a different approach and is basically carrying around as many guns as he can, and blowing the s**t out of anyone that opposses him.
The game seems to reward you equally for whatever playstyle you choose, so theres no advantages to doing things any particular way as oppossed to another.
It's also quite challenging, but in a constructive way, as opposed to a frustrating way.

I've played around 6 or so hours and I'm progressing nicely, I do feel like theres allot of depth to the story, the world feels very well constructed and your constantly dripfed information about it, it's inhabitants, politics and this and that through emails and ebooks that are scattered around. Which all help to build this sense of depth. You can just ignore all that if thats not your cup of tea as well.

So yeah, basically in a nutshell, it's awesome!
hoof123 is offline   Reply With Quote