Music Banter - View Single Post - Intense reactions to music
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #39 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Actually, sometimes when I'm depressed or angry, I actually like listening to music that suits that mood. Perhaps it's masochistic, but I kinda like wallowing in my misery sometimes.
Heh heh...this is exactly what I do. I'm a "user" of music. If I'm in a mood where a song makes me cry with sadness, I'll listen to it again and again, even though I realize I'm putting myself through a depressive pity party, as dj says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
To get out of my depressive states, the playlist associated with that contains songs that relate to life in general and after awhile of listening to it, I'm able to focus on what I need to get done and stop with the depressive pity party.
I should try listening to more "positive" songs. A problem is that most of the songs I really like are sad ones because those are the songs that hit me the most. Sometimes I can even have my sadness accentuated by happy songs because they remind me of what I feel I don't have at that moment. :/

At other times when I'm feeling less emotional, even the saddest song has little effect on my feelings, and I can listen, unperturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
i cry like a baby whenever the lyrics are touching - like Cash's Hurt
I'll try Cash's Hurt and see what happens.

"Everyone I know goes away in the end." Okay, that made me cry the first time I heard it, but not the second time I listened to the song.

Johnny Cash - "Hurt" (Cover)

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote