Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 04:17 PM   #16061 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Anyone interested in this ^ should checkout (if they haven`t already) a group I discovered thanks to a mention from bob: The Kilimanjaro Dark Jazz Ensemble. For once, the name of the group tells you what you`re going to get !
very good stuff there....also check out The Mount Fuji Doomjazz Corporation....who are associated with the above mentioned

i am really enjoying the Hateful Abandon album.....it seems to me to be much more than what people are initially saying about.....i mean there are some wonderful "Killing Joke" elements.....but i feel these songs are quite epic within themselves.....i love the vocals as well.....and the structured noise overlapping the great bass lines....really this should be more popular than it is....just a damn good album

todays experiment....

Marc Almond & Michael Cashmore - Feasting With Panthers

i've never really been a fan of Almond....actually for the most part i simply find him whinny and annoying....but i do really enjoy most of the work that Cashmore has done....as a solo artist and with both Current 93 and Nature and Organization.....from what i've read Cashmore recorded all the music in Berlin and Almond the vocals in London.....the two never met in person once during the recording....and the whole process has taken years to finish....again from what i've read this is basically a concept album celebrating the poems of Jean Genet...Rimbaud....Paul Verlaine and others and mixed with baroque chamber pop music
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote