Music Banter - View Single Post - MB GENERAL ALBUM CLUB: Pg.Lost - Key
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #158 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Dälek - Absence (a review)

before i do my break down with pedestrians questions i just have to say....in the late 80s early 90s there was a small uprising of so called "industrial Hip-hop" which could have really taken off except for the fact that the forerunners for the genre
Spoiler for Disposable Heroes Of Hiphoprisy:
and
Spoiler for Consolidated:

took preachy to whole new levels and probably rival those crazy snake handlers in the south

my point is about this album by Dälek....had it come out then....when industrial music was at its most popular.....it would have done incredibly well and it would have got the reception this album deserves

1) What are this albums' strengths?
this entire album is strong....great vocal delivery, strong beats and music, this entire album really brings something fresh to hip hop
2) What are its weaknessess?
i suppose its only weakness in my opinion lies within its strength.....it just is not for everyones ears....it can be a bit jarring at times....but i think its a good thing
3) How does it compare to the artist's other work?
honestly i've yet to check out his other albums
4) Favourite songs?
by far Distorted Prose, Culture for Dollars, and Opiate The Masses
5) What feelings did this album evoke?
urgent anger, discontent for the world and the way it works....and certainly some badassness
6) How does this album fit into your regular rotation?
since it was first introduced to me....in the suggest something somebody thread last year this album has yet to leave my ipod
7) What stood out to you about this album's themes, musically/lyrically
again right from the begining the music itself creates an urgent feeling of anger and unease....the lyrics reflect the music perfectly
8) If you've had any noteworthy experiences with this album, what have they been?
not so much on this one....just one hell of a great album
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote