Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Wars!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 08:35 AM   #283 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Ok have a had a black metal day so far and this is my take. I`d never heard a Burzum song before and despite strongly disliking Varg for his right-wing idealogies, I was determined to base my opinions just on the music and not on him. I had no idea of what to expect with Burzum`s music but what I heard wasn`t what I expected. Emperor on the other hand I`d heard some stuff before and despite not being a fan of symphonic anything really, except liking some of the Symphony X prog metal inspired symphonic albums I was keeping an open mind on them.

First off I put Burzum on and after 3 songs realized I was listening to the wrong album as I`d put on Hviss Lysat Tar Oss by mistake......but as I was enjoying it so much I continued with it and what a great album it was as well. I then put on Filosofem and again another great album, leaving me hugely impressed with both albums, not for their intensity but much more for their dark ambience of which the album covers set off the whole mood on both albums. I then put on the Emperor album after having read what an important album it was for the symphonic black metal genre. After just a couple of songs I found it couldn`t match the ambience of Burzum`s material despite the Emperor album being a good album, thus leaving Burzum the winner here.

Burzum 4
Emperor 3

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 09-07-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote