Music Banter - View Single Post - Instrumental Synt 80's
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Zaqarbal
Music Addict

If I'm not wrong, the collection you're talking about was titled Synthesizer Greatest:

etc....

Unfortunately, it wasn't a compilation of original tunes but a group of covers expressly made for that cd series. They even included some instrumental versions from vocal songs such as OMD's Electricity.

However, you can look up the tracklists on the Internet and then to look for the original music.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaneBug View Post
What I think I remember is that the cover and pamflet art was pictures taken in a dark room, and were of hands playing lazer synths if there is any such thing.
I don't remember if they released some cd cover exactly like that, but, now you mention the hands and the synth, I've just thought of Vangelis:

I think Vangelis' music is an accurate example of what you are looking for. Jean Michel Jarre is another "big name" regarding 80's synth music.

Last edited by Zaqarbal; 09-07-2011 at 09:43 PM. Reason: + Vangelis & J.M. Jarre.
Zaqarbal is offline   Reply With Quote