Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #10545 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

There are many films deemed cult classics that I have never seen so I am trying to rectify that:

Superb use of music even though Rock N Roll isn't my thing and I can certainly see why it is loved by many. I couldn't quite get into the nostalgic value of the film coming from the U.K but I guess it's similar to the film Quadrophenia. Both are rites of passage movies, well directed and with great soundtracks but I can relate to the gang culture much more in Quadrophenia than The Wanderers. Decent film though even if it felt a little stylised to me.

I like B movies.I like Martial Arts movies. I can suspend my disbelief when a film is made from a video game but I thought this was an absolute crock.

A B movie trying to be something far more than that rarely works. The effects that the film relies on so much are patchy. The fight scenes are average and there seemed to be no plausible reason why one fighter was pitched against another.

If Goro is undefeated then surely he is the Mortal Kombat champion? and to be beaten by a sub par film actor/ martial artist on a cliff edge within a couple of minutes is pathetic in film terms.

I am sure there are many MK game fans out there to fill in some blanks but honestly. Even taking into account it's origins it was still awful.

The soundtrack is damn good though I Have to say

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote