Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 07:44 AM   #220 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Time for another dip into my theme selections. This time I'm looking at songs that all have to do with eyes, whether the word is in the title, or whether they're about somone's eyes, seeing or being blind. Opens up the scope a little, certainly, but let's see what we come up with.

First off, here's Billy Idol, with one of his better songs, “Eyes without a face”.

Rockwell next, with what I think may have been his only hit, the rather cool and funky “Somebody's watching me”.

My favourite version of this comes from Christine McVie's album “The legendary Christine Perfect album”, but as expected that's impossible to find on YT, so let's give Beyonce a chance and see how she does with the classic “I would rather go blind”. Hey, how white is she these days, anyway?

Another great classic, from England Dan and John Ford Coley, with “I'd really love to see you”.

One of the heavier Rainbow tracks now, and a great performance from Graham Bonnet, on “The eyes of the world”.

Go on, why not? “Eye of the tiger”, the song that put Survivor on the map (and wiped them from commercial history!)

The multi-talented Elton John, with a lovely little ballad, “Blue eyes”.

Right back to 1977 now, for a duet between two legends. James Taylor and Carly Simon, with “Close your eyes”.

Skip the first minute if you want to avoid the intro, which is in German or somesuch language. This is Ireland's own 1993 Eurovision entrant, Niamh Kavanagh, with “In your eyes”.

And to finish up, a great, great rock legend, Deep Purple with “When a blind man cries”.

That's it for this selection. If anyone would like to suggest a theme for me to feature, just drop me a line or a comment, and I'll see what I can do.