Music Banter - View Single Post - 150 watt amp head louder than 100 watt combo amp?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 03:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyshape View Post
Oh I mean just the head for now and then later on I could get a Cabinet for it if I ever chose to as far as portability goes. The amp head is pretty small sized and 27 pounds. How low (in volume) would the amp have to be for it to hinder my sound quality? Because I wouldn't be using this amp for recording by any means.
Um, you realise the head will produce no sound without a cabinet anyway? Whatever you do, you have to add the weight of a cabinet to it, whether it be integrated or seperate.

The only advantage of using heads with cabinets rather than buying a combo, is that you could SWITCH cabinets for different sounds. The combination will always be heavier and less portable than buying a combo. It will also be more of a pain to set up and if you forget your speaker cables you're ****ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote