Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Influential Rock Artist Ever
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 01:24 PM   #460 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I come down hard on the Dire Straits because of the boring commercial direction they gradually went into after starting out with a decent rootsy rock Dylan style sound. Sure they`re great musicians but a great band needs far more than great musicians. Also, given that I really don`t like either Dylan or Springsteen I`m probably never ever going to be enamored by a band that sounds like either of them.

Velvet Underground were never great musicians and despite never being much of a fan, they still rank as one of the most influential artists ever, I mean the amount of artists that have covered their material is impressive. Saying all that though, I only ever liked one of their albums White Light/ White Heat anyway.
We both see Dyan and Springsteen in the same way, I personally never cared for they're music that much.

I don't see Velvet Underground as "anything", if it weren't for Andy Warhol. VU was just a pet project created by Andy Warhol.

Warhol is the main character in this bands discography, and considered as a pioneer (by some) concerning The Influence of Art History on Modern Design, impact and influence on the Media, etc.

His influence on the music (itself) on the other hand can be/seem very controversial at times, to say the least.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote