Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Influential Rock Artist Ever
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #461 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
We both see Dyan and Springsteen in the same way, I personally never cared for they're music that much.

I don't see Velvet Underground as "anything", if it weren't for Andy Warhol. VU was just a pet project created by Andy Warhol.

Warhol is the main character in this bands discography, and considered as a pioneer (by some) concerning The Influence of Art History on Modern Design, impact and influence on the Media, etc.

His influence on the music (itself) on the other hand can be/seem very controversial at times, to say the least.
Despite all his influence none of Velvet Underground`s singles or albums charted in the US or UK top 100 at the time of their release, so yer he was a pioneer but nowhere near as effective as say a manager like Peter Grant was with Zeppelin (I know there were others before him but he first came into my head) and he really knew how to sell that band. The Velvet Underground fame came much later when Lou Reed`s solo career took off and the Velvet Underground were finally discovered. It could be safe to say, that if Lou Reed hadn`t become famous the Velvet Underground would probably still be a band that hardly anybody knows.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote