Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #234 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Time once more to wind down with a nice selection of my favourite ballads and slow songs.

Kicking off with some classic AOR, here's REO Speedwagon with one of their huge hits, this is “Can't fight this feeling”.

And from a multi-classic to a totally unknown song, though not an unknown artist. During his time with Genesis, Mike Rutherford quietly released two solo albums, neither of which made any impression on the charts until he formed Mike and the Mechanics, but that's another story. This is from his second solo album, “Acting very strange”, the closing track, a beautiful little song called “Hideaway”.

Yeah, I know you all hate Coldplay, but this is my journal, so here they are, with the great “Fix you”.

Longtime readers of my journal will know I'm a big fan of the late Dan Fogelberg, but rather than trot out the usual hits, I wanted to feature something a little different from him. So here's the title track from his album “Souvenirs”.

Pat Benatar was a real staple of the eighties rock scene. Here she is with her ballad “We belong”.

I had a real crush on Suzi Quatro when I was a kid! Hey, who wouldn't? Here she is, with Chris Norman, one of her poppier hits, “Stumblin' in”.

Sticking with the ladies, here's the multi-talented Stevie Nicks, from her second solo album “The wild heart”, with the wonderful “Beauty and the Beast”.

And a great song from Nanci Griffith, this is “From a distance”.

One more from the ladies: this is Gloria Estefan, from her time with Miami Sound Machine, with the excellent “Words get in the way”.

We'll finish up, then, with Marillion, a great track (the closer, as it happens) from their “Marillion.com” album, ten minutes of pure magic, this is “House”.

Hope that helped relax you after a hard Monday. Back with another selection in the fullness of time...