Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Wars!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #324 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

Well, I am nearly half way through the Iced Earth album after listening to Nevermore... and I think I can already say with certainty.

Nevermore - 4
Iced Earth - 2

So far, nearly half way through and this Iced Earth album is just not grabbing me... the ballad so far has seemed cheesy, and this whole album to me so far has been less than interesting. The Nevermore album was alright, not the best I have heard from them, but an interesting album that atleast was able to hold my interest for an hour and a couple minutes, while this Iced Earth album is already starting to lose me.

As I say, Power Metal has never been my favorite style, I am more into Thrash Metal, Death Metal, Black Metal and Doom Metal... so it is also a case of just something outside of my zone of interest... I can appreciate what goes into it, and it is not a case of a bad album, just not one I find much interest in. I Liked Iced Earth's "Night of the Stormrider" album though, was more to my liking, but not so much what else I have heard from them outside it, at least not as a whole. "Something Wicked..." has those moments where it picks up for a few and then goes back to mehness for me.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote