Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 08:23 AM   #235 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Random Track of the Day
Tuesday, September 13 2011

After a rockin', headbangin' start to the week yesterday, today's RTOTD slows everything down with a nice gentle piece of classical music. From one my favourite composers, Edvard Grieg, this is called “Melody” from Op 38. Classical compositions aren't as easy to label as rock or pop ones are: so many different artistes have played the music of the masters that it's often extremely difficult to tie a classical piece to a particular album, but I think the track here is from the “Lyric pieces” recording. Don't shoot me if I'm wrong though!

Melody, Op 38 No. 3 --- Edvard Grieg --- from “Lyric pieces, Book II ”

I've always loved Grieg's work, ever since I heard “Peer Gynt”, especially “Morning” and “In the hall of the Mountain King”, but this is a short little piano piece, somewhat reminiscent, I believe, of Chopin's work, but then what do I know? Nice little piece though, very relaxing, and check out the pianist in the YT! She looks about twelve! Hey, the way these people practice from age zero, I guess she could be! Her name's Marusia Petrova, so I guess she's from Russia or some eastern bloc country. Wish I could play like that. Wish I could play....!