Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #255 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

It's the weekend, and it's raining outside, so time to cross the rickety rope bridge to that dark and foreboding castle on the hill, sidle past the three-headed guard dog (do you realise what it takes to feed a dog with three heads?) and enter the dark, dank vaults of my record collection, to see what other sort of weird and off-the-wall stuff I sometimes listen to. The management will not take responsibility for any nervous breakdowns which may occur as part of this section. You have been warned.

Let's have something really weird to start off. If you thought “Star Trekkin'” from the last edition was strange, you ain't seen nothin' yet! Here's my favourite character from the Simpsons (and, I suspect, most people's), the villianous Charles Montgomery Burns, and one of the very best Simpsons musical numbers, “See my vest”. With German subtitles: how's that for weird?!

My favourite song ever, full stop. I just love “Summertime”, and there have been so many, many versions of it down the years, but this is probably the most authentic and evokes the real feel of the song. It's two legends --- Louis Armstong and Ella Fitzgerald, from a simpler time...

Ooh, I really don't like Britney Spears! I hate everything her music stands for, but this song forces me to like it, so make of that what you will. I'm going to hide in a dark place now till you all go away....

This is just so weird! Whatever happened to Landscape? Here they are with their big hit, “Einstein a-go-go.”

You really can't get much weirder than Hawkwind, but this is just way out there. From the album “Church of Hawkwind”, this is “Fall of Earth City”. Freaky!

Okay, that's enough weirdness for one weekend. I'm off back to my home planet, but the journal will continue to be updated by my cyborg attendants. Until next time....