Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 11:03 PM   #7302 (permalink)
bdjac
Groupie

Of Mice & Men - The Flood
Wasn't very familiar with their self-titled debut, but I was looking for something heavier and a friendly recommendation was enough to make me give it a shot. I use to stay away from any music containing screaming, but for some reason this one hooked me. There was enough clean vocals to keep me listening and by the end of the record I had it on loop.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way
This was the last of the latest four Peppers' albums that I got around to listening to. Shame on me! Venice Queen and Dosed are easily two of my favorite Peppers' songs. I've since put Californication, By The Way, Stadium Arcadium and I'm With You on shuffle.

John Mayer - Where The Light Is
One hell of a live album! It offers something for every mood and the three distinct performances add to the progression of the album itself, like a slow build up.

The Devil Wears Prada - Dead Throne
After listening to the new offering from Of Mice & Men I started looking for more metalcore/post-hardcore releases. This one got a favorable review and I enjoyed their Zombie EP, so it made sense to give it a shot. The instrumental Kansas is amazing and Chicago is easily my favorite song from the album.
bdjac is offline   Reply With Quote