Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Breaking Bad Thread -Probable Spoilers Inside-
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Best scenes from last night's episode:

- The "shut-yo-face-stupid-mexican-chemist-i-da-boss" Jessie scene
The facial expressions on Gus and what's-his-name's face shows that they're really seeing something in Jessie and will probably keep him around, as he thinks on his toes with excellent effect. As with the digging scene in a previous episode, Jessie, once he begins feeling like he's a part of something, does better and better and gets further off the meth binge. His arc seems to be on an upturn, and after his previous demise, it's nice to see him doing well and seeing his confidence return, and his employers having confidence in him as well, even though some of this helpful rage is obviously stemming from his still unresolved issues with killing the apprentice chemist.

- The epic Gus > the Cartel scene.
I love the way this scene single-handedly transforms Gus from somewhat of a villain, into a hero and gets you rooting for his team. The fact that they fought to keep Jessie, who we all surely see as a good guy in the context of the show, pretty much unites them at this point. And Jessie returns the favor for Gus and the henchman, putting him in even higher status in terms of the group.

I get the feeling that in coming episodes/seasons, this is going to put Jessie and Walt at odds, especially with their falling out, and Jessie being pretty much accepted by the very people who Walt fears will destroy him, making the next rivalry between the two main characters that used to be united, and playing with the alliances the audiences have formed so far.

Should be interesting!
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote