Music Banter - View Single Post - Lil B
Thread: Lil B
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 04:24 AM   #135 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonWilliams View Post
Not the Internet itself, but the priority of the Internet. He's one of the most major media factors expressing how dependent we are on it
The internet itself doesn't have priorities so some people figure out how to make money from it and revenue naturally becomes the priority of its users. The most savvy users are commercial corporations and millions of everyday people contribute to those corporations every day. Even when they're just downloading a legally free Lil B mixtape.

Have you ever used an ISP (obviously yes) or heard of a company called Google? You should check those out if you're interested in knowing who owns the most media capital and controls the media that you see on the www. You can even work your way down to little companies like Advameg (you're welcome, guys). All levels have competitors and Lil B is not allowed anywhere near the players' club. Nobody really cares whether we like him or not, there's simply not enough money involved.

But I hope I'm wrong. We're actually not at all dependent on the internet but those who make money from it are. And I guess they like us to think that we need the internet for our 'free' entertainment by rappers and such. Prove how Lil B is even a little bit of a 'major media factor' of the internet that doesn't make the rich richer and I'll be a little bit happier.

I don't mean to be a dick but I think your statement is misguided and I want to know what you or anybody else thinks about this.