Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 10:13 AM   #272 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Shiver me timbers! So the good ship “Hunka Junk” has been repaired, and it's time to climb on board and set sail once again to the shores of undiscovered music, to see what gems we can bring back for you landlubbers.

(Which is my way of saying that it's time once again for “Trollheart's Treasure Chest” --- so why didn't you just say that? --- Ah, by the ghost of Blackbeard, ye'll walk the plank fer that, ye scurvy dog! Yeah, yeah, get some help....)

In any event, here we are again with another three examples of music I believe needs to be heard by more people. As ever you can check any of them out by heading over to the Soundclick page at SoundClick - Free MP3 music download and much, much more., but to be fair, these are the best (in my opinion, of course) while there are some real dogs out there.

A Drive on Lynn
I have no idea what the name means: I'm assuming “Lynn” is perhaps a highway in the artiste's hometown? I hope so, as otherwise they're advocating running some poor girl over! There's zero information about the band/artiste, which is a pity, but they really seem to have it together, with great vocal harmonies, a good lead singer and some cool guitar. Very AOR. Sadly, they only have --- or have only put up --- the one song, but it's a killer, see below.
SoundClick artist: A Drive on Lynn - .....rock with a softer edge.
Genre AOR
Nationality American (Newbury Park)
Gold Papercut memory

Pity there's no more from them: I'll keep an eye on the page and see if they upload any more songs, and if so I'll return and edit this page. Sounds like they could have a very bright future, if only anyone knew about them!

A flash in the pan
For some reason, you can only get to the picture of these guys by clicking an “Over 18” link, but I see nothing mature about their page that couldn't be viewed by anyone under that age. Anyway, these guys again have no information about themselves, but are another undiscovered gem with only the one song on the page. Great sax, great guitars, great keys, elements of Roxy Music. Good band. Check them out.

SoundClick artist: A Flash In The Pan - page with MP3 music downloads
Genre Rock
Nationality American (Thousand Oaks, California)
Gold Rocker

A Glimpse of Death
Hard rock, heavy metal outfit from Ohio. Kind of in the style of Metallica, with deep, clear vocals and growling guitars. No doubt these guys have spent many an hour in someone's garage with plenty of beer and cigarettes, playin' it loud!
SoundClick artist: A Glimpse Of Death - page with MP3 music downloads
Genre Heavy metal
Nationality American (Millersburg, Ohio)
Gold Hungry (great acapella start!), My life
Silver Complex vortex, Prayer

So that's the Treasure Chest closed for another while. More unsigned, unknown artistes soon. If you have a struggling band, or are a performer and want to get your music featured here, it's not the NME but I do get a lot of views, so you could do worse. Email me or post a comment and let me know where your music can be heard --- it has to be freely available, as I'm not going to pay for download music I don't even know, nor ask my readers to --- and if it's good enough we'll give it a whirl.

Until we meet again then, this is Captain Trollheart, sailing off into the sunset to the strains of “Papercut memory” from A Drive on Lynn. Oooh yeah!

(Disclaimer: Trollheart is not a captain, has never captained or even sailed a boat, and is not recognised by the Ships and Captains Guild.)