Music Banter - View Single Post - The problems with homosexuality
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 12:51 AM   #803 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

I get Big3's point I think in that there are problems related to homosexuality. Like HHB has pointed out, HIV may be more common in the homosexual part of the population or the adopted children of gay couples may get teased more on average than the children of heterosexual couples. But I also get your point, Buzz*oven, the problem with those things are not really homosexuality as much as they are HIV and homophobia themselves. Making homosexuality responsible for the actions of the homophobic or making homosexuality responsible for a disease like AIDS is, to me, morally silly. If people were homotolerant or if medicine had defeated HIV, then there wouldn't be these problems with homosexuality anymore. So, then it makes sense to fight HIV and fight homophobia rather than oppress the homosexual. That way the state can do something for it's people rather than against them which is what we want from society.

By the way, according to Wikipedia, the gay population makes up anywhere from 2 to 13% of western world societies. San Fransisco supposedly has a gay population of 15%. Regardless percentage, in a nation as big as the USA, we're talking about millions of people, many more than there f.ex are norwegians in the world. If you (HHB f.ex) feel society are morally excused when it comes to discriminating against gays because they are such a small minority compared to the majority, you have to remember even 2% of the US population is still a lot of people, certainly enough to make some noise.