Music Banter - View Single Post - The problems with homosexuality
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 12:49 PM   #806 (permalink)
Buzzov*en
Anxiety Hangover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Exactly. Thank you, Tore.

Edit: Wait I read that rest of your statement. I think you've got me wrong. The issue there is not "does homosexuality create issues" its that when you say there isn't anything wrong with it, you're attempting to eliminate all problems. This is why absolutes are stupid.

This seems like an exercise in semantics, but what I'm saying here is Homosexuality can't do everything. So to make statements like ska lagos did are inherently short sighted. This has less to do with the topic at hand, and more to do with how we should have a discussion. Guys like Buzz and Ska just want to impose intellectual fascism. You need to let the arguments do the work, not intimidate people into accepting something.

No better argument for something exists than someone poorly arguing against it.

With the exception of "creating", you've got this correct. I think you're so eager to jump up on your socially liberal soapbox that you aren't actually listening to reason. Maybe your problem is hearing difficulty.

I'm saying making absolutist statements, like Ska Lagos did, is stupid. There are no absolutes.
The only absolute here is ignorance plays a factor in problems.

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote