Music Banter - View Single Post - Gang Starr - Daily Operation Album Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 04:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

I think this album was better than Step into The Arena because of the variety of different subjects that got covered.

From his ode to Brooklyn on "On The Place Where We Dwell" to relationships on "Ex Girl To Next Girl" to "Soliliquy Of Chaos" which tells the story of him seeing someone get shot during a fight and why he thinks it's pointless to be doing that.

Take it Personal and No Shame in My Game have to be my two favorite tracks though.

I didn't really like the track Conspiracy where he talks about the government wanting to destroy blacks, it reminds me too much of the conversations that I had to endure from these old timers that sit on the stoop of their apartment building talking about how the white man is out to get them.

Primo's beats shine all through the album but my personal faves are on Take it Personal, Take Two and Pass and the first verse's beat from I'm the man. There are three different beats on that track.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote