Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 10:30 AM   #279 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Random Track of the Day
Thursday, September 22 2011
Now this is random! Normally something I would reserve for my “Weird sh*t I like” slot (and may still do so!), this is the soundtrack to one of the cleverest movies in a long time, Tim Burton's “The nightmare before Christmas”. Okay, so Christmas is a little way off yet (93 shopping days, for those interested!) but the random-o-meter doesn't take such things into account. This is what it picked out, and this is what we play.

Making Christmas --- Danny Elfman and the citizens of Halloween Town --- from "The nightmare before Christmas soundtrack" on Walt Disney

Don't you really hate Danny Elfman? Not only is he a fantastic composer, an accomplished musician, but he can sing too! As he does here, taking the part of Jack Skellington in the movie, in a cutely macabre little ditty called “Making Christmas”. If you haven't seen the movie, do yourself a favour and rent it. It's really worth it, and it could change your mind about Christmas...