Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Radiohead Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 06:31 PM   #3495 (permalink)
toyboxmonster
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
Pablo Honey better than The Bends? Certainly not, it doesn't seem to have as many great songs as The Bends and also The Bends was a big step up for the band. The Bends was actually my favourite Radiohead album for a while but now I'm more into Kid A and In Rainbows.
The Bends has always seemed very disjointed to me. It contains some great songs ("Bulletproof", "Nice Dream", "Street Spirit", "Fake Plastic Trees") that hint at the band's later direction, but it also contains Radiohead's most immature tracks ("High and Dry", "Just", "My Iron Lung"). For this reason, I find it's a very awkward front-to-back listen.

Pablo Honey, on the other hand, has its share of great tracks ("Blow Out", "I Can't", "Thinking About You", "Creep", "Vegetable"), but its lows aren't quite as low as those of the worst track on The Bends ("Anyone Can Play Guitar" being a possible exception). It seems more coherent to me as an album.