Music Banter - View Single Post - Troy Davis Execution
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 11:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

The following short music video by Amnesty USA gives a good summary of Troy Davis' case and the reason his execution is considered a justice system disaster. If you don't know about the case and you like music, this is the video for you:

Troy Davis about to be killed by the state of Georgia
Music by State Radio
Video uploaded by Amnesty USA

And here is information about Troy Davis' final words:

"Strapped to the gurney, Davis lifted his head and looked at Mark and William MacPhail, the son and brother of the police officer Davis was convicted of killing in 1989. 'I am sorry for your loss,' Davis said. 'I did not personally kill your son, father, and brother. I am innocent.' For those executing him, Davis said, 'May God have mercy on your souls, may God bless your souls.' Davis then turned down an offer of a prayer. Fourteen minutes later he was dead."

From: Troy Davis Execution: Final Words, State of Death-Penalty Debate - The Daily Beast
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote