Music Banter - View Single Post - Songs of the Summer
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 12:15 AM   #47 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

The Beach Boys - "Do It Again"

A nice escapist song. It makes me imagine I have many sunny California beach memories to think back on and enjoy...until I remember that I'm a shark-fearing sunphobe who has rarely visited a California beach!

My strongest California beach memory is of staying at a Pajaro Dunes resort when I was a child. I remember running down to the beach in the mornings to look for sand dollars, which I felt was great fun. I also recall the adults at the resort getting naked and mingling in a hot tub. That was a little bit of a shock for a midwesterner!

I did actually get in the water despite fish fears. My brother saved me from an undertow that was starting to suck me down. :/ He was then my hero. It was nice to know that as much as I sometimes annoyed him, when I needed his help he was there to save me.

That was a memorable trip. I wouldn't mind doing it again.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote