Music Banter - View Single Post - Spill Your Guts II: What You Think About MB Members' Taste In Music
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #643 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I`ve never done one of these before, so here you all are in alphabetical order:

Il Duce-Probably the most intresting member on here whose musical knowledge is one of the widest I`ve ever come across, I liken him to a music cannibal and will eat anything thrown in his direction. He seems to have got all his music knowledge from music compilations of bands and probably bought these on pirate tapes before the days of downloading. There are not too many people around who can listen to Kiss, Linkin Park, Celtic Frost and Burzum and then speak about all of them with the same conviction and pride.
you're only partially right

pirated cassettes and vinyl were still legal in the 70s

in the 80s, pirated tapes were out, and i only got pirated tapes of underground material, including metal, as whole albums, and not compilations, from grey imports of vinyl or friends' vinyl

underground material were never brought it as originals until the early 90s - all we had in the 80s were originals of "pop" albums

add to the fact that my main source of "weird" music was the island republic of Singapore (which is roughly about 300 miles from my city) had a ban on alternative music in the mid to late 80s

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote