Music Banter - View Single Post - MB GENERAL ALBUM CLUB: Pg.Lost - Key
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 01:48 AM   #230 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

but I voted for Iced Earth, I am not even a huge fan of them. I just voted for the underdog thinking my opinion wouldn't count anyways (and because I foresaw the chaos it would cause if it did win, judging by the competition it has here, it was easy to see in advance)

So when I vote for something a week before and it still wins amongst the choices, pretty much says this thread is close to dead... nobody is voting.

Blarobbarg, do not be embarassed or play the I Screwed Up card cause of the reaction it caused, just remember for the future... dropping Iced Earth in the company of David Bowie, The Kinks, Frank Sinatra and the likes.... is not good. Indie folks generally do not like Metal, unless it is Opeth, Alcest, Agalloch etc... than they may like it. Those 3 bands have become the "i do not even like this type of music, but this is actually good"... because it takes the style they play and makes it more accesible for the masses. Better chance of it working cause those 3 bands have become the hipsters choice for their respected associated style... Opeth says, I can like Death Metal without actually having to like Death Metal.

seriously though, Metal is often viewed by those people as a low brow style of music. I would say you can at least take pride in the fact it won and you got people to spend the time to actually listen to it, but looks like that is not true either. People will just skip it because anyways. But you got a couple to do it, so pat yourself on the back.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote