Music Banter - View Single Post - There's More to Life Than Music You Know. But Not Much More.
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
Badlittlekitten
And then there was music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Have to admit, most of your music is totally unknown to me, and probably outside the scope of what I tend to listen to, but glad to see you have Suzanne Vega in there, and more importantly, her first album, which I feel is actually quite superior to the more commercial and well-known "Solitude standing".

I particularly like "The queen and the soldier", if for no other reason than it has that totally shock ending; just when you think it's a soppy love-transcends-social-strata-divisions song, it explodes in your face. Nice one.

TH
Yeah, I much prefer her first album too. I find 'Solitude Standing' too patchy. 'Queen and Soldier' is real sad ain't it? 'Small Blue Thing', 'Freezetag', 'Marlina', 'Some Journey' all classics.

And that part at the end of 'Cracking' when she sings "walk through the park in the afternoon, wondering were the hell I have been", gets me every time.

https://soundcloud.com/bad-little-kittens
My Top 100 LPs
My Top 52 Indie Tracks Of The 21st Century (incomplete)
Badlittlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote