Music Banter - View Single Post - Troy Davis Execution
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #28 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
I always found this last meal thing odd.
You're about to be killed, and food is the last thing that you have a say over...

It's a long tradition carried over from Roman times. I think there was also some superstition related to it as well at one point in time. They believed giving a person their last meal before killing them would stop them from haunting the people that would be involved in their death.

This is the menu that the guy turned down after ordering it all:

two chicken-fried steaks with gravy and sliced onions; a triple-patty bacon cheeseburger; a cheese omelet with ground beef, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers and jalapeƱos; a bowl of fried okra with ketchup; one pound of barbecued meat with half a loaf of white bread; three fajitas; a meat-lover’s pizza; one pint of Blue Bell Ice Cream; a slab of peanut-butter fudge with crushed peanuts; and three root beer.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote