Music Banter - View Single Post - It's Hardcore Punk Week!
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 08:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Alfred
one big soul

Yes! Here's some assorted favorites.

Refused's best known song, and a crazy life performance to go with it! The Shape Of Punk To Come has held up amazingly.

This is Converge, a more metal-influenced hardcore band. They employ heavier, more dissonant, and more technical instrumentation than others of this genre, but still maintain the overall feel of hardcore.

This is a new song by Gallows, who are arguably England's most successful modern punk band. It's the first to feature ex-Alexisonfire guitarist/vocalist Wade MacNeil and is a lot heavier than their previous work.

F*cked Up are probably my favorite punk band of the last 10 years. They have their roots in hardcore punk, as this (their first song) shows, and have since evolved their sound into a more progressive, experimental variant of standard punk rock.

This has become one of my favorite songs on the year. Trash Talk are a band that play hardcore with the attitude of traditional hardcore punk, but with the speed and aggression of more intense variants such as thrashcore.

Touche Amore are one of the bands frequently cited as being part of what is unofficially called "the wave" - a group of new bands that play a very passionate, loud, and confessional form of post-hardcore.

Daitro are one of my favorite post-2000's 'screamo' bands. This song shows the softer side of them, and I chose it for this reason. Hardcore can be diverse.

Last edited by Alfred; 09-29-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Alfred is offline   Reply With Quote