Music Banter - View Single Post - Give Vanilla Advice Before She Comes
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 03:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I have this stupid bitch that sits beside me at work who's on my team. She constantly complains, moans, puts whoever is next to her down and is on a major power trip. She thinks she's the best and will not shut the fuck up. I have to sit next to her crap every day and she needs to a)lighten up and b) stop acting like she's above us/has authority.

Can someone please explain to me how I should deal with this? I need advice before I do something stupid like a) punch her face in/bury her or b) scream at her in front of the entire office c) shoot myself.

Yes I've been drinking, but only because I needed to unwind.
Firstly, you didn`t say whether she`s your superior as in supervisor etc. If she is then the situation is more difficult especially as you have to be careful how you react if you like or need the job.

If she`s not your superior, then its much easier, basically challenge some of her assumptions and look to pick a fight whenever possible (in a tactful way of course, as in trashing her opinions with some hard facts or general common sense) and in that way you should get the others on your side. This normally provokes two responses. 1)she`ll back down with the attitude which is the desired effect or 2)She`ll show you what shes made of and then you`ll have to step up your act until one of you comes out on top.

This happens in most workplaces and normally more with women than men. But one cat always comes out on top in the end.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote