Music Banter - View Single Post - Music videos with a storyline
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 04:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

I highly recommend "Angry Young Man" by Get Well Soon, a music and band project of the German singer, songwriter, and instrumentalist Konstantin Gropper (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_Well_Soon_(band)).

I was looking for a song to tell someone "Get Well Soon," and this was the first video that popped up, so I watched it. I like the shoegazy sound of the song and love the images of nature as well as the message. My favorite lines from the lyrics are these:

"All there is is made of iron and tin
And will all just turn to dust again."

The video reminds me of boys whom I saw as a child as they were burying fish alive in a sandy beach by a river in a park by my home. I had taken my best friend to my special spot by the river to introduce her to the fish who lived there, only to find these awful boys killing the fish and horribly: they were not only burying fish alive, but also throwing them against the concrete supports of the overpass, leaving red stains on the wall. My brave friend rushed out and dug up one of the fish whom they had buried alive and threw it back into the river. Then the boys chased us.

Several days later, two of the boys found me walking alone in another part of the park. They were on their bikes and they circled me while they said, "Hey, isn't that that girl from yesterday?" Then they spat in my face and left. I hated spit, but I calmly walked the length of a football practice field to the water fountain and washed off my face. This is one of the memories that eventually helped stir me to become vegetarian as a child and then vegan as an adult. I wanted no part of how people treat other people and non-human animals so awfully and dismissively, and I still don't.

"Angry Young Man" by Get Well Soon
A beautiful video because of the wildlife scenes and the way it shows the sadness of the moment when a child kills a wonderful bird. No animals were harmed in the filming of this video, it says at the end.

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 09-26-2011 at 09:15 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote