Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #303 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Some more themed songs seems to be in order, so this time I'm looking at songs that are about, or have to do with, members of the animal kingdom. There aren't as many as you would think, you know! At least, I had to struggle to think of enough for this section. Here at any rate are the best of the ones I came up with.

Taking wing first (see what I did there?) with Prince's number one smash, “When doves cry”.

Staying with our feathered friends for the moment, here's Snowy White, he of ex-Thin Lizzy, with what I believe was his only solo hit, the lovely “Bird of Paradise”.

It's so cool it just HAS to be included! Theme to the cartoon about the most suave and pink cat on telly, it's of course Henry Mancini's theme to the “Pink Panther”.

And keeping with the felines, here's Al Stewart with a seventies classic, “The year of the cat”.

Not a huge fan of Duran Duran, but I did like “Hungry like the wolf”, and it fits in with today's theme, so...

Another from the seventies, this is the Sweet, with “Fox on the run”.

Coming right up to date now, with a track from Robbie Williams' “Escapology”, the often hilarious “Me and my monkey”.

And we couldn't forget Bob Marley. This is “Buffalo soldier”.

Great song from Geldof before he got all mega-famous and preachy, and when the only “sir” he knew was his teacher at school, the wonderful “Rat trap”.

And let's finish up with the mega-smooth Hall and Oates, maybe stretching it a little, but hell, “Maneater” is a great song!

Hey, that wasn't so hard! Next “Variations” will be for Halloween, when I'll be featuring songs all about supernatural beings, ghosties and things that go bump in the night! BOO! Watch for it...