Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #10586 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophonic Tonic View Post

Pretty awesome movie. It knew it was gonna be artsy, but I never expected it to be as much as it was. But that wasn't a bad thing. Really slow, but not boring, the first 40ish minutes. The pawn shop scene is when the movie goes into a higher gear (see what I did there?!) and stays there. BRUTAL violence and really great lighting and cinematography. Pretty good acting all around. If I would compare it to anything, it would be the pacing of Breaking Bad, the look of Enter the Void and the atmosphere of There Will Be Blood.

8.5/10
I was thinking about seeing that, but instead had a temporary brain malfunction and saw this piece of shit instead.

I'm pretty sure this was Rod Lurie's thought process when he was directing "Straw Dogs is just about violence right? There's no deeper seeded issues like a man of piece having to confront his own subconscious violent impulses in the name of self-preservation? OK well if that's the case then lets just continue this trend of male power fantasy with no moral ambiguity or lessons learned, so the audience can be once again reminded that blue state demographic ideas = good, while red state conservatism = bad."

Fuck you Rod Lurie.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote