Music Banter - View Single Post - Pitch an Idea
Thread: Pitch an Idea
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 03:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
Video Game: Zombie Survival Guide

I think it'd be cool to see a video game based on the book. You could set which class of outbreak to play in, which weapons are available in the world, which modes of transportation are available, which terrain to play in, etc.

Basically the idea is to have a real-time, open-world game. You could set which type of game to play (ie. lasting a certain number of days, reaching a certain destination), and the maps could be randomly generated on a scale of your choosing. Ideally I'd like to have a big enough map to encompass multiple terrains fairly realistically. Designing your own maps would be a feature as well.

As for gameplay I'd like to make it as "realistic" of a zombie-outbreak as can be (being able to fully interact with the environment, such as bashing a zombie's skull in with a pot), making camp-out places of materials you find or take with you, and only being able to carry a certain number of items.

It would have to be done very well and in-depth to be good, but this is a game I'd like to see.
WIN

I was coming in here to suggest some sort of post-apocalypse/zombie game that has what the Fallouts and Resident Evils don't. But you seem to hit the nail on the head.

I want to see this game. Definitely.

I want to see an in depth, recreation of either a city or something smaller like a particular university/college and have either a 32x32 FPS battles, or 64x64, or manhunt mode... 1 or 2 or so with 60 some searchers.

I was walking around UC Davis recently and noting how small the campus is, sort of, but how intricate the buildings are, even buildings with connectors to others, clusters of buildings, etc.

I mean, it would be awesome to play this 'game' in real life if I could muster up people for it (Manhunt mode that is, sounds like a huge hide and seek on campus, but whatever)

Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote