Music Banter - View Single Post - punkrock guitarists who are brilliant.
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 02:36 PM   #33 (permalink)
Alfred
one big soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticipation View Post
like, defend your position? instead of letting one person's opinion completely derail a thread, why don't you explain why you think FU's "guitar tone", which I'm assuming isn't a product of talent or creativity but rather how their equipment performs, is superior to Black Flag's? I'm not trying to be elitist, but that is such a ridiculous thing to claim and then run away when someone challenges it.
I stated why I feel their guitar tone is better (than that of other punk bands) in my original post.

But if you didn't see that, here's why I like the sound of their guitars more than Black Flag: multiple layers of bright, warm guitar will always be my preference over what I feel to be a, while good, fairly standard punk tone.

Sure, I guess that's how their equipment performs, what punk band doesn't use effects? I mean, if that's what makes your music more appealing, go for it.

Now, as far as old-fashioned technical ability and writing goes, I will admit that Greg Ginn is a superior guitar player.