Music Banter - View Single Post - My Opinion Column About Music
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 06:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Honestly, this is too much opinion on what bands you like, and too little on why. It just reads like a list of "here's what I hate" and "here's what is good".

I DID like the chord progression bit with One Republic. The rest seemed patronizing, and poorly backed up, and I agree with some of your opinion(except that Coldplay is good), just feel you need to reinforce it.

If you write another article. I suggest not focusing on how ****ty the mainstream world is, and how foolish youth is, you should tackle the reasons why. To be frank "kids are just dumb these days" doesn't cut it. In the 1800s the vast majority of American Children were literally illiterate orphans, yet stuff like Berlioz's 'Symphony Fantastique' was being churned out, and got well exposed by mainstream media.

Kids are smarter these days, but perhaps the media is more controlling, or more fearful since they're not aiming at the most highly educated aristocratic elite. Or, perhaps, the reason I think most should be looked into the simplification of music:

presentation.

Compare the opera house of 1700s to the stadium performances of he 60s and 70s to the prerecorded radio track of today. How do people listen it? Where do they listen to it? Why do they listen to it? What distractions have changed?

Really, you'll find the answers there.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God

Last edited by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra; 09-28-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote