Music Banter - View Single Post - What would you do?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 02:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abearmauledme View Post
I voted for 90's+Alternative, but I really think you should just forego the cover bands and write your own music.
I actually find more excitement and personal satisfaction doing the 90s Alternative I admit myself, but the Classic 70 & 80s also provides the opportunity to cover contemporary artist and different styles of music, its a much more versatile route musically (with this particular band).

I really have no desire to write and record my own music at the time. Ive always knew if I did decide to write my own material, I would rather do it as a band instead of, as a single writer/artist. I would maybe want to write with a band for at least a year, and see what kind of personality would develop musically before I would decide on which way and direction the lyrics should go with the music.

Ive always known that I have the ability to create my own music and lyrics, but I prefer to keep that personal and don't really care about sharing it with anyone else, however that may sound. Just knowing..(which might sound strange)..is enough. I'm just not ready to share nor do care to write my own material. If that makes any sense?

I just want to keep it FUN! as a hobby playing in a cover band..nothing really serious.

Last edited by Necromancer; 09-29-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote