Music Banter - View Single Post - It's Hardcore Punk Week!
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 11:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

i would have to agree on Trauma's comment about lyrics....i think the lyrics are my main draw to hardcore music.....i did not get into the idea of vegetarianism due to hardcore....but hardcore made me proud to be a vegetarian.....it helped me lash back at rude and unjust comments due to my empathy towards the torture and mindless death of animals rather than take comments at stride (Gorilla Biscuits, Earth Crisis, 108,)......i also found the only books that i feel...for me.....explain a real way to take a positive and very personal moral inventory and try to create yourself into a better human being (108, Shelter, Better Than A Thousand, Cro-Mags).....at the same time i've found my frustration with myself and the people around me in the lyrics of hardcore bands...fueling my misanthropic tendencies more so than any of the other genres i listen to (Deadguy, Bloodlet, Blood For Blood)....while at the same time creating hope for myself and other humans (Snapcase) and even with hardcore i was better educated on some of my favorite weirdo religious doomsday cults (Integrity)

i've never been straight edge....and never will....but man do i LOVE straight edge hardcore....i really do feel its a positive movement (for the most part)

edit.....i added links in case anybody actualyl cares to look into these bands

and you cannot have a hardcore thread without mention of Inside Out

this is seriously my all time favorite hardcore song...."try to make me just another pebble on the beach"

i can't believe i forgot to represent Reno hardcore!!!!!
7 Seconds is still one of the best things to have ever come out of the truckee meadows

the mighty Fall Silent....another just amazing hardcore band from Reno....the did eventually release a few albums on Revelation Records gaining quite a bit of underground success....i think this song reflects why

and Gehennna (although technically they are a Bay Area band....they all lived in Reno and that is where the band formed).....this is still by far the most violent band i have ever seen live (the vocalist Mike Cheese stabbed a guy)

and we really need to mention some more NY Hardcore....i means seriously....all these posts and not one mention of Sick Of It All!

and no mention of the hardcore anthem by Warzone

"don't forget your roots....DON'T SELL OUT!!!!"

sand what about Judge.....

and we can't talk New York hardcore with out mention of the over the top and quite silly super group/joke band Project X

"I'm as straight as the line that you sniff up your nose" classic

and Cause For Alarm....their first ep is a hardcore masterpiece

and with all this talk about Refused and there is no mention of the great all girl Swedish hardcore band Doughnuts!

members of Doughnuts and members of Refused later got together to form The (international) Noise Conspiracy

hmmmm...i've probably reached the point of "ignore that post"....but what the fuck two more classic and great hardcore songs

Strife....great LA Hardcore

i mention Uniform Choice in a previous post.....classic old school hardcore from orange county

therer has to be mention of Youth Of Today....they practically started the concept of youth crew and posi-core

Crucial Youth was a joke band who sang great songs about eating broccoli and have good oral hygiene

alright i'll stop now....this whole post has just reminded me just how much i love this music and what an iompact its had on my life.....at that i'll end my post with the song Steps by Snapcase...whose lyrics are still very as important6 as the first time i heard them years ago

i want to live my life, live it my own way. over throw the shame,
the shame you dealt, brought me to my knees.
always trying to please you instead of living for me
you...say...you say you know what's best for me.
time...change...the time came for me to change.
and you controlled my dreams. you never asked me and i never agreed,
to your requests, goals, destinies. i abandoned you and now i'm free.
you...say...you say you know what's best for me.
time...change...the time came for me to change.
i...live...for...me.
now i, i live my life, live it my own way, forget yesterday.
no expectations just my ambitions. Identity, the choice is up to me

Last edited by bob.; 09-30-2011 at 09:37 AM.
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote