Music Banter - View Single Post - Explain how...
Thread: Explain how...
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2004, 07:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thrice
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria

Default Explain how...

Explain how you got to listening to the music you listen to today...Tell us what you used to listen to...

I always listened to the mainstream radio station that everyone has until i was about 12 then i started to get into the rap/hip-hop scene. Then my cousin (pimp_racer) came to visit me in NY and we were chillin in my basement watching MTV all day just to see P.Roach's Last Resort...we got all pumped from that song...that was basically the gateway to our liking of rock..I then started to listen to alot of mainstream rock...Linkin Park and all that stuff. Then in ninth grade I started playing guitar and listening to classic rock..like late 70's early 80's stuff like Eagles, Styx, Rush, Journey, Hendrix, Foriegner, The Who, Steve Miller Band. I started skating and listening to what i knew was punk in those days at 14...Good Charlotte and Sum 41. About half way through tenth grade, i started getting into the good stuff. Thats when I learned of Thrice and Glassjaw. I had a really good buddy that only lived here for about 6 months, but he introduced me to FATA and Coheed. I was amazed at the talent of all these bands and couldnt understand why they werent on the radio. I did alot of research after that and discovered that most of the talent was hidden in these bands. They werent signed to huge record labels or promoted all over the TV. Now at 18, I listen to mostly Screamo, Emo and Punk...All because of Papa Roach. I basically showed Pimp_racer all the bands i knew of, so thats how he learned of them.

Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote