Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 10:16 AM   #322 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Something of a companion section to my recent feature “... As heard on TV”, this will feature my favourite music from film soundtracks. So, lights down, quiet please, the movie is about to begin...

Kick off with a classic, opening titles from the original “Star Wars”.

And from the polished, digital Star Wars soundtrack, right back to 1968 we go for a scratchy, vinyl recording of the theme to one of my favourite ever movies, “The odd couple”, starring Walter Matthau and the late Jack Lemmon. Class!

Oooh, don't you feel a big man with that cannon in your pocket, Inspector? The one, the only, Clint Eastwood as “Dirty Harry”. Here's the seventies-heavy theme.

One of the greatest film composers of all time, Maurice Jarre with “Lara's theme” from the film “Doctor Zhivago”.

And we couldn't leave out the haunting theme from “The Godfather”.

A little (!) more up to date now for the theme from one of the greatest sci-fi movies ever (with two of the worst ever sequels!), “The Matrix”, of course.

The great Michael Nymen with the theme from the film, “The piano” (which I didn't see...)

Something from “The Lord of the Rings: the Two Towers”, perhaps?

Let's hear it for the webslinger!

And we'll finish with a timeless classic. Bogey and Bergman, what else but “Casablanca”?

That's it. Please remember to take your rubbish with you when you leave. Please wait until the houselights come back on --- I said PLEASE WAIT... oh, never mind.